If you found us because of the great reviews from guests who already stayed with us you probably got an idea what makes us special. To help you decide, these are the top reasons why you should
consider staying with us (and also in which case we might not be the right place for your needs):
- Conrad Hilton once said the 3 most important things for a hotel are: „location, location and location“, well we got them all :-) once you arrive at StaR forget about your car or public
transport, you have everything Cologne has to offer in front of your door
- Hospitality & friendliness – we offer all the amenities and service of a quality 3 star hotel, with the feel of a very personal and individual B&B
- great breakfast, already included in the room rate is our extensive breakfast buffet, quality is important so we prepare many things ourselves or buy organic, fair trade and regional produce
- fast reliable and free internet
- clean and clever laid out rooms with comfortable beds
- The most important thing when staying at a hotel is a good night sleep. To make sure you can rest well, we offer down bedding with a choice of soft and firm pillows and comfy
mattrasses as well as A/C in all rooms.
Thankfully our guests are raving about their „StaR“ experience.
For a small 3 star hotel this is pretty amazing and makes us very proud.
However please be aware that even if we are the best rated hotel in Cologne we are certainly not „the best“ hotel.
StaR is a 3 star property and if the following (missing) features are important to you, our hotel might not be the perfect choice:
room size: our standard rooms are ...m2/...sqft big (or small).
Only our Suites offer more space
mobility: our location in the citycenter is perfect to get around, but be aware that our house does not have an elevator. StaR has 3 floors (that would be 4 for US
guests). We are happy to accomodate you on a lower floor if you tell us in advance and we certainly help carrying your luggage but please remember that there will always be some stair
climbing involved to get to your room
hotel features: many guests praise our service but please keep in mind that we are a 3 star hotel. You will not find certain features like a restaurant apart from
breakfast (allthough many options nearby), limited front office hours (check in possible 24/7, nightshift available via telephone) and also the bar is only open during front desk hours. No
room service, no spa or gym facilities that you might be used to from big international 4 or 5 star hotel chains
If one or all of the above is bothering you, maybe StaR is not the best option for your stay. If you stayed at Boutique hotels or B&B`s before you probably know what to expect and our place
might just be perfect for you.
If you are not sure and need further information, please let us know – we are happy to help!